Friday 12 November 2010

Favourite song (:

Day 01:

This is really, really hard for me because I just love so much music. I honestly don't know where I'd be without music (I have practical nervous breakdowns whenever my laptop sound doesn't work, which happens every so often, heh); when I'm feeling really fucking miserable it's one of the only things that can actually pick me up and make me see things in an okay light again, and it's helped me get through so, so much.

But picking a favourite...hmm...
In the end I narrowed it down to three. Because one was just TOO HARD, okay? (:

Breathe Me - Sia

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And the worst part is there's no-one else to blame.

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small and needy
Be my friend
And breathe me.

(Sorry if I messed up on the words, was from memory!)

I love this song. It's just...even though I wouldn't say it's a happy song, it's sort of melancholy but there's some kind of hope to it, and it always makes me feel better.

Tired - K's Choice

Life is easy when you fake it
Right until you realise
Your happiness is unrelated
To anything you have inside
And it doesn't feel right
And I'm mostly very tired.

I can relate to lots of music in one way or another (and I expect most people can), but there are times when songs just really strike a chord with you, and that's what this one did with me. It's just so much how I felt when I first heard it - and do a lot of the time - that, again, even though it's quite a sad song, it made me feel better, less alone. Obviously I don't know exactly how the song was mean, but I interpreted it to mean the way I've felt many times in the past (because I spend so much fucking time pretending, making out I'm someone else - so many someone elses, so much effort put into hiding who I really am - whoever that is); I can deal with pretending, I'm okay at it, even good, but it's not real. And it's horrible, because I don't know how to live with or without it, and it's starting to feel like nothing has any meaning either way.
The song captured that, and whether that was exactly what the lyrics were intended to mean or not, I just think it's a really lovely song all the same.

Mr Jones - Counting Crows

Mr Jones strikes up a conversation
With a black-haired flamenco dancer
She dances while his father plays guitar
She's utterly beautiful
And we all want something beautiful
And I wish I was beautiful.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about this song that I just love. The whole song, and the words...they really get to me, in the best way possible, and I can't explain how or why. I just love them (;
Plus some of the lines (e.g. when everybody loves you sometimes, that's just about as fucked up as you can be) reaaally made me think of Effy Stonem from Skins. And Effy Stonem from Skins is fucking awesome. Trufax.


2 comments:

  1. Love this post (:
    Breathe Me is also one of my favourite songs, it's incredbly beautiful.
    I havn't heard the other songs (although I do really like Counting Crows, especially 'Colourblind') but I'm definitely going to listen to them becayse the lyrics you've posted are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thankyou (:
    It's gorgeous, isn't it? So lovely <3 I love Colourblind too; in fact, it was very nearly on that list! Let me know what you think of the other songs (:
    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete